Mango Curry with Black Rice
Enjoy this creamy and aromatic mango curry over black rice. It's the perfect meal for your next date night; easy to make, yet super delicious and fancy!
Servings 2 people
- 1 cup black rice
- 1 onion, sliced into half moons
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into stripes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegan yellow curry paste
- 1 14-ounce can thick coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup frozen sugar snaps
- 7 oz tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/2 mango, cut into stripes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- fresh cilantro
- green onions, cut into rings
Prepare the rice according to the instructions on the package.
Heat some oil in a wok or a large pan. Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Add the ginger and cook for another minute. Stir in the curry powder and the yellow curry paste. Then add the carrots and the red bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat. In the meantime, cut the tofu into medium-sized cubes. Heat some oil in a small pan and add the tofu together with the soy sauce. Cook until crispy.
When the curry has cooked for ten minutes, add the broccoli and the sugar snaps. Cook for 3 more minutes. Then add the mango and season with salt, pepper, and, if using, red pepper flakes. Serve over black rice and top it off with some fresh cilantro and green onions. Enjoy!