Vegan Minestrone Soup
This vegan minestrone soup with white beans is perfect for cold winter days! It's super easy to make, incredibly healthy, and comforting!
Servings 3 servings
- 2 carrots, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 4 stalks of celery, cut into rings
- 1 leek, cut into rings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14,5 oz)
- 1 can white beans (cannellini)
- 2 cups small pasta shapes like small shells
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs de Provence or any other Mediterranean spice blend (like thyme,basil, rosemary, and oregano)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
Heat some oil in a large pot and sauté the onion for about 2 minutes. Then add the garlic for another minute.
After one more minute, add the leek and then the carrots, the celery, and the zucchini. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, then stir in one teaspoon of the Mediterranean spice blend.
Add the vegetable broth. Add the diced tomatoes and stir well with a wooden spoon.
Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, fresh oregano, and the remaining spices.
Add the cooked pasta and the beans and allow to heat through.
- I like to use small pasta shells for my vegan Minestrone soup. But you could also use ditalini, rotelle, rotini, or mini farfalle.
- For even more flavor, add freshly chopped basil and oregano just before serving.
- You can easily change up the veggies. If you want, you could also add green beans to your Minestrone. Or you could replace the white beans with chickpeas. Fennel or kale is also great for this soup depending on the season.
- For more protein, you could add smoked tofu or vegan sausages.
- Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, the soup will last up to 3 days. It will become a bit thicker as the pasta shells will soak up some of the liquid.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 1334mg | Potassium: 789mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 9600IU | Vitamin C: 41.3mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 4mg