Vegan Minestrone Soup
This vegan minestrone soup with white beans is perfect for cold winter days! It's super easy to make, incredibly healthy, and comforting!
Servings 3 servings
- 2 carrots, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 4 stalks of celery, cut into rings
- 1 leek, cut into rings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14,5 oz)
- 1 can white beans (cannellini)
- 2 cups small pasta shapes like small shells
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs de Provence or any other Mediterranean spice blend (like thyme,basil, rosemary, and oregano)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
Heat some oil in a large pot and sauté the onion for about 2 minutes. Then add the garlic for another minute.
After one more minute, first add the leek and then the carrots, the celery, and the zucchini. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, then stir in one teaspoon of the spice blend and deglaze with the vegetable broth and the diced tomatoes.
Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, fresh oregano, and the remaining spices. Add the cooked pasta and the beans and allow to heat through.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 1334mg | Potassium: 789mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 9600IU | Vitamin C: 41.3mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 4mg