Vegan Mozzarella Cheese with Tomatoes (Caprese)
I'm so excited about this vegan mozzarella! The recipe is super simple and you only need four very healthy ingredients. It's best served in a caprese salad!
Servings 1 servings
For the vegan mozzarella:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened plant-based milk (soy, almond, or oat)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional but recommended)
- 2 tablespoons pysillium seed husks
For the caprese salad:
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Put all ingredients into a high speed blender and process until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a small round bowl and let it sit in the fridge for about 4 hours.
Cut the vegan mozzarella into thin slices and serve it with tomatoes, fresh basil, minced garlic, and balsamic vinegar.