Vegan Tuna Sandwich with Chickpeas
This vegan tuna sandwich with chickpeas is ready in no time and it's so incredibly yummy! And with the help of dried seaweed it tastes so much like the real thing!
Servings 2 sandwiches
For the vegan tuna salad:
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon dried Wakame seaweed
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh or frozen dill
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped into small pieces
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
For the sandwich:
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 tomato, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cucumber, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 red onion, cut into rings
Crumble the dried seaweed with your hands and let it soak in a shallow bowl of water for about 5 minutes (1/2 cup of water should be fine). Drain and press the water out with your hands.
Mash the chickpeas with a fork until they have a flaky texture. Stir in the celery, mayonnaise, dill, seaweed, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve on whole wheat bread together with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and red onions.