The Best Vegan Apple Cake
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious vegan apple cake with almonds and lots of cinnamon. It's perfectly sweet, moist, and fluffy. And it's a one-bowl recipe that couldn't be much easier!
Servings 12 pieces
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 flax eggs 3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds soaked in 6 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups grated apples
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 small apples, sliced
- more cinnamon, to sprinkle
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except for the sliced apples) and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Grease a 11 inch round springform pan with vegan butter or margarine.
Pour the batter into the pan. Arrange the sliced apples in circles on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 40 minutes.
Let the cake cool down before you cut it. Enjoy!
- I used a 11-inch round springform pan for this vegan apple cake.
- I recommend Honeycrisp, Gala, or Fuji apples for this recipe. You could also use a combination of different apples.
- If you want to serve this apple cake for a fancier occasion, add some vegan vanilla ice cream and homemade vegan whipped cream on top.
- Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this cake will last 4-5 days. It's important to store it in the fridge as the apples will go bad quickly if it's stored at room temperature.
- This cake freezes really well. Make sure to let it cool down completely before freezing it. You could either freeze it in a freezer-safe container or in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 2mg