Vegan Peanut Noodles & "Fuss-Free Vegan" Cookbook Review
These vegan peanut noodles are so delicious and come together super quickly. 15 minutes is all you need! You can enjoy them hot or cold, which makes them perfect for anytime of the year. The recipe for these vegan peanut noodles is from the brand new "Fuss-Free Vegan" cookbook by Sam Turnbull.
Servings 4 people
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (one lime)
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the noodles:
- 6 oz vegan chow mein noodles or rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roughly chopped (salted, roasted, raw, whatever you like!)
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
For the peanut sauce, in a small bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain them and return them to the saucepan. Add the peanut sauce, bell pepper, and carrot. Toss well to combine.
Garnish with green onions, peanuts, and cilantro. Add more hot sauce if you like.