Vegan Mug Cake (Snickerdoodle)
This vegan mug cake is absolutely perfect when you feel like having cake for dessert but don't have enough time for baking! And the best thing is that it's a snickerdoodle mug cake!! 5 minutes is all you need for this easy individual-size dessert!
Servings 1 mug cake
For one vegan mug cake:
- 1/4 heaped cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond or soy milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Melt the margarine in a little pot on the stove top. Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Pour the batter into a mug. Sprinkle some more sugar and cinnamon on top and microwave the vegan mug cake for one and a half minutes.
Let it cool down for a few minutes. It's best when you eat it warm right out of the mug. Enjoy!
Note: The mug I used is around 3 inches high and 3 inches wide.
- Please note that the recipe for this vegan mug cake only works in a microwave. In the oven, the baking time will be a lot longer and I, thus, wouldn't recommend making this mug cake in the oven.
- The mug I used is around 3 inches high and 3 inches wide.
- I had a few people saying that they followed the recipe and that the cake overflowed in the microwave and made a mess. It's important that you don't fill any mug more than half full. If you stick to that rule, you won't have any problems with overflow.
- If you are still scared the mug cake might overflow start with a minute first and then keep cooking it in 15-second bursts.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1500IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1.3mg