Vegan Banana Bread
If you like the combination of chocolate and banana, you will love this vegan banana bread with chocolate and chopped hazelnuts. It's perfectly sweet, incredibly moist, super easy to make, and so delicious. The best banana bread ever!
Servings 10 servings
For the banana bread:
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil vegetable oil, canola oil, or coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
Peel the bananas and place them on a plate or cutting board. Mash them with a fork. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Combine the flour, the baking powder, the brown sugar, and the ground hazelnuts ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the almond milk.
Stir with a wooden spoon.
Add the mashed bananas, the maple syrup, the oil, and the chocolate chips.
Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Grease a loaf pan with vegan margarine or coconut oil or line it with parchment paper. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
Bake the banana bread for 40 minutes. Let it cool off. Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or on the stovetop. Pour it on top of the banana bread and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
- If you're short on time, the banana bread is also great without the melted dark chocolate and the hazelnuts on top.
- For a healthier version, use spelt flour or whole wheat flour instead of the all-purpose flour. You could also cut down the amount of brown sugar and maple syrup as the bananas are pretty sweet on their own.
- The loaf pan I used for this recipe measures 9 x 5 inches.
- You can store the banana bread up to 4 days on the counter (covered) or up to 7 days in the fridge.
- The recipe freezes really well. Let it cool down completey before freezing it in a freezer safe container or in a freezer bag. Simply let it that on the counter before eating.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3.2mg