Banana Bread without Butter and Eggs
Making banana bread without butter and eggs is super easy! This vegan banana bread with chocolate and chopped hazelnuts is one of my all-time favorites!
Servings 10 servings
For the banana bread:
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Grease a loaf pan with vegan margarine or coconut oil. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
Let the banana bread cool off. Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or on the stovetop. Pour it on top of the banana bread and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3.2mg