Vegan Carrot Cake with Coconut Cream
This vegan carrot cake with coconut cream is one of my favorite vegan cakes! It's super moist, very easy to make, and just perfect for spring! I'm sure you will love it just as much as we do!
Servings 12 pieces
For the vegan carrot cake:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 carrots, grated (about 10 oz)
- 1 cup almond milk
For the topping:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Add all ingredients for the vegan carrot cake in a bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon.
Grease a loaf form and fill the cake batter into the form. Bake for 40 minutes. Let the cake cool down completely before adding the coconut cream on top. Sprinkle with the coconut flakes and the pistachios.
- For the topping you can either use store-bought coconut cream or make homemade vegan whipped cream with canned coconut milk. It's super easy to make fluffy vegan coconut whipped cream. All you need is a can of coconut milk that has been stored in the fridge overnight.
- I usually use a store-bought pumpkin spice blend. But you could also make your own.
- I used whole wheat flour for this recipe, but you could also replace it with all-purpose flour if you want.
- Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this cake will last up to 5 days.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.9mg