Vegan Banana Pancakes
These vegan banana pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast! They're soft, fluffy, perfectly sweet, and insanely easy to make!
Servings 8 pancakes
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, oat, or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mash the banana with a fork.
Place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
Stir with a spoon until well combined and no lumps are left.
Lightly grease a pan with coconut oil and heat it over medium heat. Add about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip, and cook until golden on the other side. This will usually take 1-2 minutes. Serve warm with banana slices and maple syrup.
- Only lightly grease the pan. Don't use too much oil or it will affect the texture of the pancakes.
- Make sure the pancakes get nicely browned on both sides. Don't flip them too early. Wait until littles bubbles form on the surface.
- For more nutrients top the pancakes with almond butter or pumpkin seed butter and sprinkle them with hemp seeds.
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg