These vegetarian fajitas make the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. They're super easy to make, packed with flavor and protein, and they're completely vegan. All you need is 20 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 bell peppers (red, green, and yellow)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon regular paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado
- vegan sour cream (optional)
- 4 tortilla wraps
Cut the bell peppers and the red onion into thin slices. Finely chop the garlic.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Sauté the onion and the garlic for 4 minutes. Then add the spices and cook for another minute. Stir constantly.
Then add the bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
Drain the black beans and rinse well. Add to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper, and lime juice.
Heat the tortilla wraps in a pan without oil (20-30 seconds on each side).
Cut the avocado into thin slices. Place the fajitas on the tortillas and top them with the sliced avocado, vegan sour cream (optional), and sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
- If you own a cast iron pan, it works great for this recipe.
- Feel free to add other vegetables or your favorite toppings. Mushrooms are also great for this recipe. I usually use sliced button mushrooms or portobello. Or you could add your favorite salsa and vegan shredded cheese.
- I also like to serve the fajitas with guacamole, salsa, nachos, and homemade vegan nacho cheese.
- Properly stored in an airtight container in the fridge, the fajitas will last 3-4 days.