This Asian glass noodle salad makes such a great lunch! It's light, refreshing, super easy to make, and entirely vegan. Cucumber, carrots, bell pepper, and fresh herbs are tossed with a tangy and creamy peanut sauce for this healthy salad.
Servings 4 servings
For the Salad:
- 7 oz glass noodles
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 bunch mint
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons warm water
Soak the glass noodles in hot water for about 5 minutes or as directed on the package.
Wash the cucumber and cut off the end. Then either use a spiralizer or a handheld spiralizer to cut them into long thin strips that resemble spaghetti. Peel the carrots and spiralize them as well. Cut the red bell pepper into long thin strips. Cut the green onion into rings.
Finely chop the mint and the cilantro.
Make the peanut sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Stir until well combined.
Place the glass noodles, the vegetables, and the herbs in a large bowl. Add the peanut sauce and stir well a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve immediately or store it in the fridge for later.
- Glass noodles are sometimes also called "cellophane noodles" or "mung bean vermicelli". You can most likely find glass noodles in the Asian food aisle at your local supermarket or at Asian supermarkets.
- Are you allergic to peanuts? Then replace the peanut butter with almond butter. The taste will be a bit different but still super delicious.
- If you want your salad to be a bit spicy, you could add a bit of sriracha to the peanut sauce or sprinkle red pepper flakes over the noodle salad.
- If you don't have a spiralizer, you could also use a julienne peeler for the cucumber and the carrots. Or just cut them into thin long strips with a sharp knife.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8878IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg