Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
You will love these vegan oatmeal cookies! They're super crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside. They make the perfect afternoon treat and the recipe couldn't be any easier!
Servings 12 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pinch of salt
Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Place the vegan butter and the brown sugar into a mixing bowl.
Using a handheld mixer beat the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla extract and beat again until combined.
Then add the flour, the baking powder, the almond milk, and a pinch of salt. Beat until a dough has formed. This should take about 1 minute.
Add the rolled oats and beat again until combined.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop two tablespoons of the cookie dough for each cookie on the baking tray. Form 12 large cookies. You could do this by first making a small ball and then press it flat with your hand and fingers.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 °F. The top should be lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- Don't bake them for longer than 15 minutes or they will become too crunchy. The should only be lightly browned or golden on the top. They will firm up when cooling.
- You should use vegan butter at room temperature, so it's easier to beat.
- Stored in an airtight container at room temperature, they will last 4-5 days.
- You can freeze them for up to 3 months.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg