This vegetable korma makes the perfect weeknight dinner. It's packed with flavor, loaded with fresh vegetables, entirely vegan, and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 3 carrots
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups green beans
- 1 cup peas
- 2 potatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
Before you start with this recipe: soak the cashews for 1 hour in boiling water from the tea kettle.
Cut the carrots into half moons, the cauliflower into small florets, and the potatoes into medium-sized cubes. Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes in boiling water. Then add the remaining vegetables and cook them for another 5 minute.
Finely chop the onion, the garlic, and the ginger.
In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the onion for 3 minutes until translucent. Then add the garlic and the ginger and cook for 2 more minutes.
Next, add the spices and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Place the onion mixture into a food processor or high speed blender along with the coconut milk, the canned diced tomatoes, and the cashews.
Process until smooth. Pour the sauce into a pan and heat on medium heat.
Drain the cooked vegetables. Add the vegetables to the sauce and stir well.
Sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes and serve over rice or with naan bread. Enjoy!
- Don't leave out any of the spices. They're necessary for the perfect flavor!
- If you want a lighter version of this dish, you could replace the coconut milk with plant-based coconut yogurt. Just make sure it's unsweetened.
- Feel free to switch up the vegetables. Sweet potatoes and broccoli are also great in this vegetable korma! Or you could use chickpeas instead of peas.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Sodium: 669mg | Potassium: 1176mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 8325IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 6mg