Air Fryer Tofu
You will love this easy air fryer tofu! It's packed with flavor and it's incredibly crispy while being so much lower in fat than deep-fried tofu. And it's ready in only 20 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 21 oz extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- red pepper flakes
Cut the tofu into cubes.
Make the tofu marinade. In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the marinade and stir well.
Add the tofu cubes and stir well.
If you've got enough time, let the tofu marinade for about 10-20 minutes for a deeper flavor. If you're short on time, just let it marinade for a minute and then move on to the next step.
Set your air fryer to 350 °F and air fry the tofu for 12-15 minutes. Shake the pan occasionally to promote even cooking.
Serve the air fryed tofu immediately with vegan mayonnaise or aioli or with a salad.
- Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, the tofu lasts about 3-4 days. Just pop it back into the air fryer for about 5 minutes to reheat it.
- Make sure to use extra-firm tofu for this recipe. The less water the tofu has the crispier it will get.
- For even crispier tofu, press the tofu for 30 minutes before cutting it up.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1100mg | Potassium: 267mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg