Jackfruit Buffalo Dip
This jackfruit buffalo dip is perfect for your next movie night or party! It's super easy to make, packed with flavor, incredibly creamy, and so comforting! People will be begging you for the recipe.
Servings 6 people
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon frozen dill
- 1 teaspoon frozen parsley
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 cans young green jackfruit in brine or water
First rinse the jackfruit and cut off the core. With your fingers or a fork shred the jackfruit.
Place the cashews, the unsweetened soy or almond milk, the nutritional yeast, the garlic and onion powder, the frozen dill, frozen parsley, and salt and pepper into a highspeed blender. Process until smooth.
Pour the blended cashews sauce into a bowl. Add the vegan cream cheese, the Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce, and the frozen parsley and dill to the cashews sauce.
Add the shredded jackfruit and stir well. Either serve the dip cold or preheat your oven to 350 °F and bake it for 10-15 minutes until it's heated through.
- You will need a good blender to make the vegan cashew sauce. Otherwise it won’t get as creamy.
- If you don’t have a high speed blender, soaking the cashews over night helps a lot. Otherwise you don’t have to worry about soaking them. I use a vitamix and I never soak my cashews for vegan cheese sauces.
- Always make sure to buy young jackfruit in brine or water, not in syrup. It doesn’t work with any other kind.
- I like to serve the dip with cucumber, carrot, and celery sticks. It's also great with tortilla strips or nachos.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 2mg