This Mexican salad with cilantro lime dressing makes a great side for BBQs and it's also perfect for lunch. The recipe couldn't be much easier and it's packed with nutrients. Easy, healthy, and delicious at the same time!
Servings 4 people
For the Mexican Salad:
- 1 can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups corn (canned or frozen)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut into medium-sized pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into medium-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
For the Dressing;
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 splash maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Rinse and drain the black beans and the corn. Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and the avocado and the bell pepper into medium-sized pieces. Finely chop the cilantro. Chop the red onion.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until combined.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and beans and stir well. Enjoy!
- I usually use frozen or canned corn for my salad because it's super quick. But it's even better with fresh corn if it's available!
- I like using red onion because it adds some nice color to the salad. But it works just as well with a white onion. Or you could also use green onions if you want.
- Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this salad will last up to 3 days if you don't add the avocado right away. Unfortunately, the avocado will go bad pretty quickly. But don't worry, if you bring it to a picnic or potluck, there will most likely be no leftovers!
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 873mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1756IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg