Vegan Burgers with Grilled Vegetables
We can't get enough of vegan burgers around here! This vegan burger with grilled vegetables, sun-dried tomato mayonnaise, and arugula is our new summer favorite!
Servings 2 burgers
- 2 whole wheat buns
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small eggplant
- 10 button mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 dash of olive oil
- fresh rosemary and thyme
- 2 handful of arugula
- 5 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 vegan burger patties of your choice (see recipe notes)
Wash the bell peppers and the eggplant. Cut the eggplant into half slices and the mushrooms into slices. Cut the bell peppers and the red onion into strips.
Finely chop the garlic. Wash the fresh rosemary and thyme and roughly chop it. If it's easier for you, you could also use dried herbs.
Put everything in a big bowl and add the olive oil. Carefully stir until everything is covered with olive oil. Let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
In the meantime, make the sun-dried tomato mayonnaise. Add the vegan mayonnaise and the sun-dried tomatoes to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables until they're lightly brown and well-marked by the grill pan (this should take about 2-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the vegetables).
In a different pan, pan-fry the burger patties.
Place the whole wheat buns in the oven to warm them up a little bit.
Evenly spread the sun-dried tomato mayonnaise on the buns, and place the arugula, the burger patty, and the grilled vegetables on top. Serve with homemade fries if you want. Enjoy!
- I used a store-bought vegan burger patty made of seitan. But just use any store-bought vegan burger patties you like.
- If you're not a fan of vegan meat alternatives, you could also make your own burger patties. Try my black bean burger patties or my mushroom patties. They're both very easy to make, super healthy, and they would make a great base for this summer burger!
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 437mg | Potassium: 839mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2078IU | Vitamin C: 200mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 3mg