Baked Tofu Sticks
These vegan baked tofu sticks are the perfect comfort food! They're crispy, spicy, and super easy to make! We like them best with homemade vegan ranch sauce.
Servings 4 people
For the Baked Tofu Sticks:
- 21 oz very firm tofu
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wings sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Vegan Ranch Dip:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried or freshly chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon dried or freshly chopped parsley
- black pepper, to taste
Drain the tofu and pat it dry with a paper towel. Cut it into sticks.
In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, the plant-based milk, the water, the garlic power, the paprika powder, the salt, and the black pepper. Stir until well combined.
Dip the tofu sticks into the batter, so they’re completely coated.
Then roll them in the panko breadcrumbs.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the tofu fingers on the baking sheet. Don’t put them on top of each other. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 °F.
Combine Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings sauce with a tablespoon of olive oil and pour it over the baked tofu fingers. Evenly coat them from all sides by carefully stirring them a few times.
Put the coated sticks back on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake again for 20 minutes at 350 °F.
For the vegan ranch dip, combine the vegan mayonnaise with fresh or dried dill and parsley and stir until well combined. Serve the freshly baked vegan tofu sticks with the vegan ranch and enjoy! Also sprinkle some chopped green onions and freshly chopped parsley on top if you want.
- Make sure to use very firm tofu for this recipe. It won't work well with soft tofu.
- Don't omit the panko breadcrumbs. They're essentiell to this recipe and without them the tofu fingers won't get as crispy. You can usually find them next to the traditional bread crumbs in most supermarket. Sometimes they're in the Asian food aisle.
- If you don’t like spicy food, this recipe is not for you! But you could replace the Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce with BBQ sauce if you want. This way they’re a lot less spicy!
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 2266mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 3.7mg