Avocado Pasta Sauce
This avocado pasta sauce is perfect when you're looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe. It's vegan, super delicious, and incredibly healthy!
Servings 2 people
- 9 oz gemelli pasta
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup basil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
In the meantime, combine all of the ingredients for the avocado sauce in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
Roast the pine nuts in a pan without oil. Be careful not to burn them as they burn rather quickly.
Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves and either roast them in the oven for a few minutes, cook them in a pan, or serve them fresh with the pasta.
Combine the cooked pasta with the avocado sauce and carefully stir in the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with the roasted pine nuts and fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Make sure to serve this pasta dish immediately after cooking. The avocado sauce will change its bright green color rather quickly and it won't taste the same anymore. It also doesn't keep well, so I don't recommend keeping leftovers for later.
- If you can't find nutritional yeast, you could also leave it out. However, it gives the sauce a very nice flavor. You can find nutritional yeast in the organic section of your grocery store or at your local health food store.
- I like this pasta dish best with oven-roasted cherry tomatoes with garlic. So yummy!
- You could of course use any pasta shapes you like, but I think this dish works best with curly pasta.
Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 104g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 698mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2085IU | Vitamin C: 27.6mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3.2mg