If you're looking for a super quick and easy pasta dish, this hummus pasta is perfect for you! It's vegan, ready in just 10 minutes, and packed with flavor!
Servings 3 servings
- 9 oz rotini pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
In the meantime, roast the pine nuts in a large pan without oil. Be careful as they burn rather quickly.
Then, heat some oil in the same pan. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into slices. Wash the baby spinach. Add both to the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts.
Add the cooked pasta. Stir in the hummus and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle with chopped basil. Enjoy!
- Do you want to make this pasta dish gluten-free? Then I recommend using brown rice pasta instead. I usually prefer it over lentil or chickpea pasta as its texture and taste is very similar to regular pasta.
- This pasta dish is also delicious when eaten cold. So if you have any leftovers, you could eat them as a pasta salad on the next day.
- I usually use plain hummus, but you could also experiment with flavored hummus if you like. It's also great with Mexican spiced hummus and black beans instead of sun-dried tomatoes.
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 596mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2940IU | Vitamin C: 19.2mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3mg