Vegan Fried Rice
This vegan fried rice with tofu makes such a great dinner recipe for busy weeknights. It's easy to make, packed with flavor, and ready in just 15 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 7 oz firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch kala namak (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, cut into rings
- 2 carrots, cut into small cubes
- 1 small broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
Heat the sesame oil in a large pan and add the crumbled tofu. Cook for 3 minutes. Then add the turmeric and kala namak and stir well. Cook for about 20 seconds. Set aside.
In the same pan, heat some more oil and add the carrots, bell pepper, peas, garlic, and 3 of the green onions. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add the broccoli and cook for another 3 minutes on high heat. Stir often.
Add the cooked rice, tofu, soy sauce, curry powder, and sesame oil. Cook for 2 more minutes.
Sprinkle with the remaining green onion and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You should not use freshly cooked rice for this recipe because it will clump together. Instead, you could make the rice the night before and store it in the fridge. Or let it sit for about 1-2 hours until it has cooled to room temperature. Believe me, this makes a big difference when making fried rice!
- The dish will come together very quickly, so make sure you have all your ingredients ready when you start cooking.
- It's best to use a large wok or a non-stick skillet for this recipe.
- The fried rice lasts up to 3-4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Make sure not to leave it unrefrigerated for too long because cooked rice can cause food poisoning if not stored properly.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 834mg | Potassium: 891mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6440IU | Vitamin C: 154.9mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 4.1mg