Vegan Pasta Sauce with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This vegan pasta sauce with sun-dried tomatoes is super creamy, packed with flavor, and so easy to make! If you like creamy pasta dishes you will love it!
Servings 4 people
For the vegan pasta sauce with sun-dried tomatoes:
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3/4 cup cashews (unsalted and not roasted)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth. This should take about a minute.
Pour the sauce into a large pan and heat on low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon.
Add the cooked pasta and stir until well combined.
Serve immediately. If you want you could add some thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes, fresh oregano, and red pepper flakes on top.
- It's important to use a high speed blender for this recipe. Otherwise the sauce won't become as creamy as it is supposed to be. I used my Vitamix to make it.
- I didn't soak the cashews and I think it's not necessary if you use a high speed blender. However, you could soak them overnight or for about 30 minutes in hot water if you want to make things a bit easier for your blender.
- To make this pasta dish gluten-free, I recommend using brown rice penne. You could also use chickpea or red lentil pasta if you want, but I usually prefer brown rice pasta.
- I recommend using sun-dried tomatoes in oil instead of dry ones. The sauce turns out much creamier and richer this way.
Calories: 585kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 22.8mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 4mg