Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
These vegan pumpkin muffins are super soft, perfectly sweet, moist, and tender. And they're packed with delicious pumpkin spice flavors, which makes them perfect for fall. The perfect way to start your day!
Servings 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices). Stir until well combined.
Add the pumpkin puree, the apple sauce, the olive oil, and the almond milk. Stir until well combined.
Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners and equally divide the batter. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to see if the muffins are done.
- As every oven is a bit different, it’s best to do a toothpick test to check if the muffins are done. Just stick a toothpick into the center of your muffin. If there is wet batter on the toothpick, your muffins need more time. If it comes out clean, they’re done!
- I used homemade pumpkin puree, which I think tastes best. Making homemade pumpkin puree is super easy. However, you can also use store-bought canned pumpkin puree if you're short on time.
- I used all-purpose flour, but the recipe also works with whole wheat flour or spelt flour.
- Are you a chocolate fan? Then add some vegan dark chocolate chips to the muffin batter!
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3175IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1.5mg