This vegan bread is definitely the healthiest bread ever! It's gluten-free, yeast-free, and made with only oats, seeds, and nuts. And it's so easy to make! No bread maker or food processor needed. This bread seriously is life changing!
Servings 15 slices of bread
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 5 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons almonds (whole)
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts (whole)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon kibbled flaxseeds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flaxseed oil
- 1 3/4 cup warm water
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover the bowl and let it rest in the fridge for at least four hours. You could also store it in the fridge overnight.
Generously grease a loaf pan with olive oil. Fill the mixture into the loaf form.
Bake the bread at 390 °F for 70 minutes without preheating the oven. Once the bread is done, carefully remove it from the loaf pan without letting it cool down.
- Please don't skip the psyllium husks in this recipe. It's a thickener that is used to hold the bread together. It's basically binding all of the ingredients together and the recipe won't work without it. You might be able to find them in the organic section of your supermarket or you could order them online. There is no substitute for the psyllium husks. You also shouldn't use whole psyllium for this bread.
- Oats are gluten-free by nature. However, most are produced in facilities that contain gluten. So if you want to make the vegan bread 100 % gluten-free, make sure to use rolled oats that are certified gluten-free.
- You can be quite flexible concerning the nuts as long as you use the total amount of nuts that is listed in my recipe. You could use hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, and macadamia nuts, either alone or mixed.
- If you want, you could also add in some sesame seeds or black olives. Or season the bread mixture with Italian spices. However, I usually make my bread "plain", so I can eat it with sweet and savory spreads.
- The bread freezes really well. So if you can't finish it all, just freeze it for later.
- You need kibbled flaxseeds for this vegan bread. I usually buy whole flaxseeds and then just process them in my Vitamix to kibbled flaxseeds or ground flaxseeds.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.9mg