These balsamic mushrooms make such an easy appetizer or side dish! They're packed with flavor and they're super easy to make. You need only four ingredients to make them and the recipe couldn't be any simpler.
Servings 4 servings
- 16 oz button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
Clean the mushrooms. Heat some olive oil in a cast iron skillet and pan-fry the bottom mushrooms on high heat until browned. This will take about 5 minutes.
Cut the garlic into medium-sized chunks (see pictures) and add them to the balsamic vinegar.
Add the balsamic vinegar and garlic mixture to the mushrooms. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. The balsamic vinegar should thicken considerably until it reaches the consistency of maple syrup.
Finely chop the parsley. Sprinkle the mushrooms with the chopped parsley.
- The balsamic marinated mushrooms are also great with a teaspoon dried rosemary sprinkled on top.
- If you want you could also add some red pepper flakes on top for an extra boost of spiciness.
- There is no need to add salt because the balsamic vinegar provides enough flavor. If you still want to add a bit of saltiness, I recommend adding a teaspoon of soy sauce to the balsamic garlic mixture.
- Always make sure to use hight heat to cook whole mushrooms, so they don't become soggy.
Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 429mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1.2mg