You are going to love these classic vegan waffles! They are super quick and easy to make and they are golden crispy on the outside and perfectly fluffy on the inside. We love them as breakfast and dessert!
Servings 6 waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
Combine all ingredients for the vegan waffles in a medium bowl.
Using a hand whisk, stir well until all lumps are removed. The batter will be quite thin. Don't worry, that's normal!
Heat your waffle maker and grease it with coconut oil or canola oil on both sides (top and bottom). Pour the batter with a ladle into the waffle iron. It depends on your waffle maker how much batter you need, so check the manufacturer instructions.
Close your waffle maker and bake the waffles for about 5 minutes until they're golden and crispy on the outside. Don't open the waffle maker too early.
Serve the waffles immediately with maple syrup and berries or other fruits. Enjoy!
- It depends a bit on your waffle maker how long the waffles take. Mine took about 5 minutes, but they can also take up to 7 minutes. Make sure not to open the waffle maker too early. Many waffle irons have a green light, which tells you when the waffles are ready.
- I recommend checking the manufacturer instructions to see if you have to grease your waffle iron or use a non-stick spray. Some require it and others don't.
- I usually use coconut oil for my waffles, but the recipe also works with canola oil or melted vegan butter or margarine.
- Don't worry if the batter will be quite thin. That's totally normal!
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 2.1mg