This simple mixed vegetable curry with sweet potato, spinach, and broccoli is the perfect comfort food! It's vegan, easy to make, and packed with flavor! If you're a curry fan, you will LOVE this recipe!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 onion, cut into stripes
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup sweet potato, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 7 oz firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-2 teaspoons vegan green curry paste
Drain the tofu. Cut into medium-sized cubes. Toss the tofu cube with corn starch in a bowl. Heat some oil in a large pan and cook the tofu cubes on high heat for about 6 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
Again, heat some oil in the same pan and sauté the onion for about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the green curry paste and the curry powder and cook for another minute. Then add the sweet potatoes, the carrots, and the chickpeas and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and the vegetable broth and cook covered with a lid on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Then add the broccoli and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in the spinach and the cooked tofu cubes and cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper. If your sauce is too thin, add one teaspoon of corn starch, which you stir into one tablespoon of water. Cook until you reach your desired consistency. Serve over brown rice or basmati rice. Enjoy!
- If your sauce is too thin, add one teaspoon of corn starch, which you stir into one tablespoon of water before adding it. Cook until you reach your desired consistency. The curry is supposed to be really creamy.
- Not all curry pastes are vegan as some of them contain shrimp paste. So always make sure to check the labels. My favorite is the curry paste by Exotic Food or the one by Maesri, both are vegan. If you can't find a vegan curry paste, you could also make your own homemade green curry paste.
- It's super important to toss the tofu cubes in the cornstarch. Don't skip this step. The tofu will become super crispy this way.
- This curry is rather mild. If you want it to be spicier, you can adjust the amount of curry paste or add red pepper flakes.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 674mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 13220IU | Vitamin C: 48.3mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 4mg