Vegan Pesto with Basil
This vegan pesto with basil is perfect for busy days. It's super easy to make, healthy, and in combination with pasta incredibly delicious. All you need for this vegan pesto is 5 minutes!
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Place all of the ingredients in a blender of food processor.
Process until rather smooth with a few chunks. It's best to use the pulse function. However, make sure not to process the pesto for too long because otherwise it might become bitter.
- I used a cuisinart food processor, which is perfect for making pesto, dips, and sauces.
- If you use a blender like a Vitamix, you might have to double the recipe because it doesn't blend well as the bottom is too wide to process a small amount of food.
- Nutritional yeast adds "cheesy" flavor to this recipe. You can find it in many supermarkets, health food stores, or online. The pesto will work without it, but I really recommend using nutritional yeast.
- I recommend using extra virgin olive oil for this recipe.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 1580IU | Vitamin C: 21.5mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2.1mg