Vegan Nachos with Pumpkin Cheese Sauce
These vegan nachos with homemade pumpkin queso dip are perfect for lazy movie nights. They' re also a real crowd pleaser at parties!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 servings
For the vegan pumpkin cheese sauce:
- 15 oz butternut squash (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup soaked unsalted cashews I only soaked them for about 10 minutes, but soaking them longer will make it easier for your blender.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
For the nacho bowl:
- 2 green jalapeños, cut into rings
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small red pointed pepper, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup black olives, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 tomato salsa
- 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
- vegan nachos
Soak the cashews in water. Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Cut the butternut squash into small pieces and cook them for about 10 minutes or until they are really soft.
Drain both the butternut squash and the cashews and place them into a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Place the nachos into a big bowl and add the jalapeños, red onion, red pointed pepper, black olives, guacamole, tomato salsa, and tomatoes. In a small pan, heat the vegan pumpkin cheese sauce until it becomes really thick and creamy.
Pour it onto the nachos until they're nicely covered. Serve immediately.