Lentil Salad with Spinach and Pomegranate
This vegan lentil salad with spinach, pomegranate, avocado, and walnuts is super delicious and packed with nutrients. Perfect for fall!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 3 servings
For the vegan lentil salad:
- 3 cups cooked brown lentils I usually cook them the night before. Or if you like you can also use canned lentils.
- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- 2-3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 small apples, cut into small pieces
- 1 pomegranate
For the tahini orange dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- black pepper
Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package.
Cut the pomegranate into halves and remove the seeds. I like to do this in a bowl of water because then it doesn't get all messy. Fill a large bowl with water. Place halved pomegranate into the water. Use your fingers to break the seeds out. Remove the white fiber that floats at the top of the water.
Put all ingredients into a big salad bowl.
Make the dressing: Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the lentil salad.