One Pot Vegetable Rice with Bell Pepper and Peas
This one pot vegetable rice with bell pepper and peas is ready in only 20 minutes. It's super healthy and so yummy! You can either eat it just by itself or it also makes a great side dish!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup parboiled rice (uncooked)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup ajvar
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup vegan chorizo, cut into cubes (optional)
- 3 green onions, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
Heat some oil in a pot and sauté the onion for about 2-3 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Add the garlic and the red bell pepper. Cook for one more minute. Then add the rice, the ajvar, the paprika powder, and the vegetable broth.
Cook for 15 minutes (without the lid). Then add the frozen peas and cook for 5 more minutes. 2 minutes before the cooking time is over, stir in the green onions and the vegan chorizo (if using).
Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.