Garlic Smashed Potatoes
You are going to love these garlic smashed potatoes! They're super garlicky, crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside. And the recipe is so easy! I love serving these smashed potatoes as an easy dinner with a big salad and vegan sour cream or as a festive side dish at a family meal.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 4 servings
- 12 small to medium-sized potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- black pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
Boil the potatoes for 30 minutes. Let them cool in a colander for about 5 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cooked potatoes on top. Use a potato masher to squish them. Make sure to keep them in one piece.
Combine the olive oil, the minced garlic, the chopped parsley, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
Pour the mixture over each potato. Add some more sea salt on top. Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
Bake the potatoes for 25 minutes until they're golden and crispy. If you want them to be even crispier, you can also bake them for up to 30 to 35 minutes. But make sure they don't get too brown.
Serve immediately. Season with a little bit of additional salt and freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- The thinner the potatoes are, the crispier they get.
- If you don't have a potato masher, you can also use a large fork to squish the potatoes before baking them.
- The smashed potatoes are delicious by themselves. But they're also great topped with vegan sour cream and a big salad. Or serve them with a vegan meatloaf or lentil loaf. They go with basically anything. Or just dip them in ketchup or vegan ranch.
- Just double the recipe if you're cooking for a larger crowd.
- I used 12 small to medium-sized potatoes for this recipe. But baby potatoes also work great. Just use as many potatoes as you can fit on one baking sheet with enough room between the potatoes.
- For extra flavor, you can add some more olive oil or vegan butter after taking the potatoes out of the oven.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 967mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3.4% | Vitamin C: 57.8% | Calcium: 3.4% | Iron: 10.9%