Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
This vegan chicken noodle soup is the perfect comfort food for cold days! It's warming, healthy, and very easy to make. And it's packed with protein! The perfect dinner for the whole family.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 onion
- 2 large carrots
- 4 stalks of celery
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried majoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned or cooked from dried chickpeas)
- 1/2 teaspoon miso paste
- 7 cups vegetable broth or vegan chicken broth
- 1 cup rotini pasta (use brown rice pasta for a gluten-free version)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Finely chop the onion. Peel and slice the carrots as well as the celery.
Heat some oil in a large pot and sauté the onions for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat until they become translucent. Then add the carrots and the celery and cook for another 4 minutes. Then stir in the marjoram, the oregano, the thyme, the bay leaves, and the nutritional yeast and cook until fragrant (about 30-60 seconds).
Add the vegetable broth, the miso paste, and the chickpeas and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes of cooking time, add the pasta. Cook for another 7-10 minutes depending on the pasta you use. Discard the bay leaves.
Serve immediately and sprinkle the soup with freshly chopped parsley. It's great with crispy rustic bread!
- For a gluten-free version, I recommend using brown rice rotini or elbow pasta.
- Or skip the noodles and use small cubed potatoes instead.
- I love using chickpeas for my vegan noodle soup. However, if you're looking for a more authentic vegan chicken noodle soup, you could also use store-bought vegan chicken. Other protein options are cubed tofu or soy curls.
- Instead of the rotini pasta, you could also use vegan ramen noodles.
- I listed vegan vegetable broth in the ingredient list, but you could also use vegan chicken broth if you want.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1928mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 137.8% | Vitamin C: 5% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 11%