This vegan carrot cake with coconut cream is one of my favorite vegan cakes! It’s super moist, very easy to make, and just perfect for spring!
I’ve always loved carrot cake! However, it took me a while to make a carrot cake without eggs and milk after I became vegan. This vegan carrot cake with applesauce and quick oats is by far my favorite! Probably it’s even one of my favorite vegan cakes besides my vegan cheesecake with raspberries and my vegan lemon cake. I usually serve this carrot cake with some coconut cream, coconut flakes, and pistachios on top. What an awesome treat!!
What You Need For This Vegan Carrot Cake:
You can find all ingredients for this eggless carrot cake in any grocery store. Maybe the ingredient list will seem a bit long at first sight, but a lot of the ingredients are just spices.
- whole wheat flour
- quick oats
- brown sugar
- coconut oil
- unsweetened apple sauce
- a pinch of salt
- nutmeg, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice
- natural vanilla extract
- baking powder and baking soda
- apple cider vinegar
- three carrots
- almond milk
- coconut cream, coconut flakes, and pistachios for the topping.
As always you can find the full ingredient list in a separate, printable recipe box at the end of this post.
I used store-bought coconut cream for this recipe, which you can just thaw when you need it. If you can’t get hold of it, you could, however, also make your own coconut cream with canned coconut milk. It’s super easy. Just make sure to refrigerate the coconut milk over night.
This Carrot Cake Is:
- insanely delicious
- super moist
- made with whole wheat flour
- very easy to make
- perfect for spring!
How To Make Vegan Carrot Cake:
Making this vegan carrot cake couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is adding all ingredients in a bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon. Then grease a loaf form and fill the cake batter into the form. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 °F and let the cake cool down completely before adding the coconut cream on top.
How to Make Vegan Carrot Cake Frosting:
You have different options to make a vegan cake frosting for carrot cakes.
You could use:
- a vegan cream cheese frosting
- a frosting made with cashews
- coconut cream or some other vegan cream (for example whipped soy cream)
- or a frosting made with powdered sugar, vegan butter, and vanilla extract
All of these frostings are insanely delicious and you will hardly notice a difference compared to regular frostings! I usually use coconut cream as a topping for my vegan carrot cake.
So, I hope you like this vegan cake recipe as much as we do around here! If you’re looking for vegan Easter recipes, this will be a great addition. I made it for last year’s Easter and it was a huge hit with everyone!
Have a great week, everyone!
Sina – xx
Vegan Carrot Cake with Coconut Cream
For the vegan carrot cake:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 carrots, grated (about 10 oz)
- 1 cup almond milk
For the topping:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Add all ingredients for the vegan carrot cake in a bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Grease a loaf form and fill the cake batter into the form. Bake for 40 minutes. Let the cake cool down completely before adding the coconut cream on top. Sprinkle with the coconut flakes and the pistachios.